About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

July 10, 2008

home search

After reckless house-hunting, reckless because it seemed more like an accident waiting to happen, I have decided to slow down. After all, the dynamics of how I live will not affect paperwork as housing is not something to joke about here. With the constraints of land and stock, rentals is the potential killer for any regular family/person.

Many have told me NOT TO confirm unless it's THE apartment for me. Why make do when you are forking out good money to live there? It's not that I've sold this flat or anything and will be on the streets anytime soon. I'm still thinking about the not so perfect ground floor unit - but will take good advice and keep on searching.

This little extension means that my schedule is going to get crammed, because every day, I will have to make one trip to the east coast, to fetch my son home from school - it's not just the travelling time, but the cost and opportunity costs forgone as well. It's a small sacrifice when we slam that against paying $36k a year, more than what a lot of locals earn annually, to make-do for 365 days.

And so the hunt continues - on alternate days, I slip in 3/4 apartments in-between appts, meetings and paperwork. My colleague told me that I'm the most difficult tenant he has met - well, we are not buying shoes that we can chuck aside - but searching for a place I can call my home for a while and home is where I work, relax and enjoy - it's my space, and I cannot trade that for half-measures.

No comments: