About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

July 21, 2008

making space

Monday - the start of another work week - brings some relief to me - since it keeps me more than just constructively busy. Weekends are for home maintenance - and I spend hours just sorting the household out. Yesterday, was closet day. Finally, I got my entire closet space - to myself. Although I've been 'living alone' for years, my closet says otherwise until yesterday, when I filled it all up with only my stuff. That must be very telling to anyone who walks into my room, since it's really now just my room.
Imagine how selfish that thought even is, when this change is not just drastic, it's probably a turning point kind of event for everyone concerned, yet I have time to blog about closet space. You can never have enough space when you have as many clothes as I do - my wardrobe is an almost walk-in and it's heaven when finally everything has a proper section - at least for me, that's a perk.
I have decided to take my time in looking for the ideal apartment - after all, the mortgage on this house has to be paid still, and why settle for a less than ideal, when I will end up paying 'rent' both sides. So instead of stressing myself out searching every other afternoon, I decided on contingencies i.e. label what's personal space. At least that would make things clear that I am dead serious and there is no turning back.
In my previous walk-out, I left with just clothes - didn't even bother to fight for the flat - never liked the idea that someone can drag the finale because you want half the proceeds from the sale of the flat. I started over, with nothing, literally.
I was about to do the same here, except that, I won't, because people don't appreciate when you don't ask for anything - they still think you owe them something - so, having learnt that lesson, I have decided to take what's rightfully mine, since I bought them myself.
So, until the ideal apartment comes my way, I made space for me. Finally, I can factor myself in somewhere, because all these years, I had extra furniture I didn't quite pay for that was hanging around.

2 comments:

UptownGal said...

I don't know nuts about getting a divorce and am definitely not qualified in any way as a psychologist so I would be the worst person to offer advice. What I wanted to say is that even though rationally, you made the best decision possible for your life, some form of negative feelings may still hit... but press on. You have decide what's best for you so press on! Life is short. You have to seize it and live the way you'll have no regrets.

Press on!

KATRINE said...

You're a good friend and that matters most - not a counsellor or a psychologist. That I have..hahahahahaha Alamak, still can joke at a time like this!