About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

July 23, 2008

Juggling

Could anyone possibly work on two different agendas and make both meet targets?
On hindsight, I have 3 huge items on my agenda - and being me, it's not really a tall order BUT.

My agenda flips faster than the clock's second hand - I remember talking about a WC almost falling off the wall at 10am during a budget planning for an upcoming conference - and right after that, my partner reminds me in another phone call to sign the cheques. After that, another call comes in to confirm the meeting schedule for today, plus confirmation for WC repair man. That's just the first 2 hours of my day - it goes on throughout the day, if not the WC it's some other thing.

Managing this isn't a struggle, but after 8 hours of constant flipping, I'm crashed out by 9.30pm - brain dead - cells refuse to communicate anymore.

Each of my work scope right now, has an entirely different bottomline, although they all amass around the respective income targets - industries are different - so I have become like a flip switch - some relay...

Well, having a solid reputation for getting the job done is one thing, maintaining that is another. We need to always keep our eyes on the ball - so that we don't loose sight of that, not even for a moment. That moment could cost us our target. If there's one thing I definately learnt in marketing was that the ball is round, so keep your eyes peeled very very closely.

So for people who don't just juggle time with one workspace - being organised is key. Anyone can get anything done, provided we know whats where all the time. A staff told me before that I run a very tight ship - which may not be something people like - but well, no one likes to fall short on the balance sheet and take a pay cut either, I'm sure.

Therefore, good things never come easy - forget the bells and whistles - just go for the home run.

No comments: