About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

July 29, 2008

Explanations

Most times, explanations serve to clarify situations/decisions/stands, whatever that has unapparent understandings. Personally, I am a stickler about explanations, always having the need to validate whatever it is that is before me. Explanations would take away any doubts and stops any unnecessary misinterpretations.
I know of many people who dismiss explanations as time consuming and useless. These are the people who will grow but in a limited way. When we take the time to explain, it means we have taken sufficient time to think and digest the facts. Of course, if a person cannot validate his explanation, then it's either his thought process is inefficient or that there is no justification for whatever he was required to explain.

This fact, that I'm Miss Explanations is what makes me a precise person - I may be the most difficult person to deal with, but actually, if everything is in good order, there is never anything to worry about. Take this failed marriage - it's not because I changed or that anything changed - the institution of marriage was unable to provide a sufficient explanation for how people just assume that marriage is the end result. That is besides the point that I'm not marriage material. It's a common assumption that the relationship culminates on the wedding day and thereafter, everything else is supposed to find it's own rhythm.

I'm high maintenance - not in the monetary sense. Many good friends,ex-boyfriends, have told me that. Perhaps my requirement for any relationship is never about bank accounts or even love - the relationship must have a reason for it's existence - I need a better explanation than having to give and take, simply because a piece of paper says so, or that the vows say so.

This perhaps sums up my decision.
This is my explanation for having made this decision.
I finally found time to share this with the injured party - so that he understands that bad as it sounds, it's a decision that has been validated.

1 comment:

UptownGal said...

What then, from your perspective, would be a good reason for marriage?

Did he never realise that you were heading this way?