About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

July 22, 2008

Pre-occupation

That basically means, other things taking up space in the mind other than the obvious.

Although most of us dive into our work when our minds are pre-occupied with less than ideal thoughts, I still manage to juggle everything, keeping myself on-top of even 'pre-occupied'. Few of us can honestly say it's what they are able to achieve, simply because this goes way beyond multi-tasking.

Our brain is like a huge sponge, it's able to soak up more than we can begin to imagine - we won't know just how great this system is, until you put it to task. In my life, entire life, up till this point, I have never had the luxury of being free from multi-tasking. Perhaps it all started from my deciding to grow up much earlier than my peers. I chose to walk this path, always believing that I'd rather get over with the nitty-gritty of life whilst I still had abundant energy.

In some sense, it was a blessing because I learnt to manage pre-occupation whilst getting what little responsibilities I had then - responsibilities grew with time and I just added that on and today, it's almost engulfing my entire being.

I think it's okay to be pre-occupied, within reason, if we are able to still function and get our tasks done i.e. meeting deadlines. Thankfully, it doesn't make me a moody person, just a little quiet, seeking whatever peace in silence, that I can gather.

And so the question should be, if I have any regrets about how I have lived my life so far - well, no. Because for all the wrongs that I have to fix today, I have one right in my son. If not for the path, I chose to walk, I would never know the joy and laughter that he brings into my life. Except for his laziness, which is common to most kids his age, he's really why I take all this pre-occupation in my stride and make sure his comforts are not compromised. Whatever difference I may have caused for him, in changing things, should never become his pre-occupation. His pre-occupation should just be to live out his life, and bring laughter into someone elses life, like what he has done for me all these years.

No comments: