About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

October 13, 2008

easy come, easy go

I have been hearing a lot about people loosing money in the recent stock market turmoil. For once, I didn't hear anyone brag about having made so much in stocks. Do I feel sympathetic? nope. Not because it's not my money, but more because that's the risk that comes with fast money.

There is no such thing as a method to make money perpetually. As with all free market systems, there will be a correction, sometime or other, and let's face it, the correction is not all that often, coz the last crash wasn't like recent. So, most of these people who lost now, have been making money all this time. All's fair.

I think that the best way to make money is through hard work. Perhaps that's why I'm not rich - i get by, and by that I mean, I get by - I get to pay my fees, bills and whatever I need to. I do not have huge excesses nor am I able to get by without working at all.....

profiting from stocks is one form of gambling, and in gambling, we loose or win. same principle.
there are no guarantees that when you bet on horse A, it will win the race, or that if you placed a bet on Hamilton to win the Japan Grand Prix, that he will...so we take our chances and when it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.
Easy come, easy go.

lesson here ; if you want to gamble like the big boys, where loosing $400K is nothing, then be like the high rollers, the money is there to be lost. if you win, then great, go shopping, buy lunches coz money earned this way is never meant for keeping - someone told me that....so perhaps they are right....

1 comment:

UptownGal said...

totally agree. don't dabble in high risk investments unless it's $$ u can afford to lose.