About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

October 15, 2008

priorities

For people like me, constantly in the company of other people, because of work commitments, time-outs are valued deeply. The saying 'it never rains but pours' hold very true for my work. When my phone is silent, it's silent, when it starts to ring, then it's a continuous process - a minefield is how I describe my job scope.
I have decided to get some alone time this weekend - taking off - putting the phone to silent and returning calls only on the day i'm due back. There are so many things i need to get done - for starters, my exams on the 3rd and it's impossible to read here - too many interruptions - clients only understand when you tell them you're outstation - otherwise, it's sms all day until handover. I also need to organise my research proposal which is at skeletal stage - and it's due like in 3 weeks. Then i have to also read over a Handbook, which we are giving out for a newly completed development. On top of that I also need to figure out housing for clients in limbo plus liquidating some units for a client. I have like 2 hands and one brain already in multi-tasking mode.
Prioritise - is what i have to do, which i have been doing with much failure, since work always takes precedent over study.
I am looking forward to this weekend, because I think once I'm away, i'll get the order correct. Yet I wonder if that's really the reason.
Perhaps to some extent, perhaps not.
I'll probably know when I actually get there.

No comments: