About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

August 15, 2006

Burning weekends

I'm back at the showflat weekends. Been a long time. I don't mind really, except that there is nothing much to do - sure, there is chit chat; papers; oxygen breaks - This would be the first time, I would have to skew my thinking towards 99-year leasehold property. Tough call for me - I've always been a freehold believer - and it has nothing to do with handing down the property to the next generation!
When we purchase cars, we are prepared for it to depreciate - but property has always been classified as an investment - and why do the investment if there is almost a guarantee of it depreciating?
Unless of course, we are buying it for a roof over our heads, which doesn't make sense because we could get something larger, at half the price, minus the pool & gym. I'm still having this tug of war - because my next task is to find people to believe in an investment I personally do not!
There is no flip side to this situation - either way, doesn't change the fact that it's a here-and-now kind of investment - almost like trading coffee beans except that the end result is a warehouse full of beans.
So until I find another plantation, I'm pretty much stuck roasting beans in an open fire every saturday and sunday.

No comments: