About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

August 18, 2006

Do We or Don't We?

We make decisions, which change the course of our life. BUT we never really are satisfied because there will always be the 'what ifs'. Point: We will never know what the other end-result will be, because we cannot go back. Life was not designed that way.
My rule of thumb is easy - live life with the least of regrets - that way, moving on becomes easier - acceptance is the start of maturity.
A colleague told me yesterday that listening to me giving the bottom line to another, petrified her! I thought I actually scared the living daylights out of her, but she went on to say that it was a good eye-opener and she would like learn how to put her foot down like that.
It was a sweet thing to say, because I have never, had a chit-chat conversation with her - When we're in the business we are in, Clarity is crucial. For example, if an email message says "AVAILABLE UNITS" it means that the units on the list are available for lease or sale. However, I have learnt a new meaning for that word - AVAILABLE also means, "a deposit has been accepted but the Agreement hasn't been signed".
What is my decision, check or not?
Usually I would, but I wouldn't for this person.
Because, if she ever learnt anything from growing up, is to never patronise, never be prude and never, ever think you know everything - the flaws are so glaring, that everytime she opens her mouth, something silly gets ejected.
So I would rather just be an audience to this entertainment. My choice - my decision - and you know what - at the end of this exercise, it will be the result that I have wanted to achieve - no regrets!

No comments: