About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

August 28, 2006

The number 3

Some people do not like the number 4, because in some Chinese dialects, it sounds like 'die'. Dying is not viewed as a 'positive' term - although for christians, dying is supposed to be 'going back to our Maker', so it's not that bad. I'm Chinese, so it does bother me sometimes, this number 4. What I'm beginning to concern myself is the number 3.
In marriages/relationships, 3 is not a good indication of a healthy union, it raises alarm bells. In the famous phrase, it's said "TWO'S A COMPANY, THREE'S A CROWD". Again, 3 is viewed as the extra.
In real estate co-broking, 3 is also a bad word because it implies three agents doing a deal, therefore the fees are split 3 ways and not 2. Perhaps, I should be more wary of the number 3.
I always practise fee-sharing, but not when one calls me to ask if she could offer my unit to her friend who has a genuine buyer. That is the lowest of the lowest! And she had the cheek to sound like she was doing her friend and myself a favour. If she really wanted to be helpful, she could have given my contact to her friend instead. Ah, but I guess for these people, being helpful, sincere, and doing a good job for the buyer meant, it must amount up to dollars, if only to introduce the property.
So, 3 is bad news for me - whichever industry I am in, 3 is the number to watch out for - because it always brings me to giving one party a talking to, about priorities.

1 comment:

UptownGal said...

Hi. Reading yr blog from my hp now. Sigh. Which moron is late on e 1st day of wk right? Did u advertise for yr ppty? How come e agt w e buyer didn't see yr ad?