About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 12, 2007

Ambition & Adrenalin

I often wonder, what is Ambition.
When having conversations with kids, there will be a time, we ask "what do you want to be when you grow up?"
We could say, that is 'ambition' - the want to be something, or do something.
BUT I believe that with time, the want to be or to do, changes.
The change becomes necessary as the surrounding or connecting links moves with circumstances and situations.
Ambition, as we know it, supposedly drives us on the road to arriving at the target. It gives us a destination.
Could that be like adrenalin, driving us on?
If we had ambition but no adrenalin, then how do we get to our destination? Pure luck?
I think we need to have both - Ambition to give us the general direction and adrenalin as fuel. Of course, if one road is not accessible, we would have to look at alternative routes - without sufficient fuel, we would be left on the road shoulder waiting for a tow truck, and risk not ever getting to our destination.
So, having ambition is one thing, but without enough adrenalin, I doubt we could be skipping anywhere - because it's always about having the 'means', the ability to move.
I never had an ambition for my career.
Because I was ever too busy greasing myself so that I could outlast the journey - wherever it would take me

No comments: