About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 06, 2007

Shoes and more shoes

Why do I need so many pairs of shoes? My colleague asked me a few times already.
Well, as vanity would have it, having a pair of black work shoes, is not like having a little black dress, which you could wear, accessorise with a scarf, beads, brooches, whatever! A pair of shoes is a pair of shoes - it is either casual or not, it either comes with straps or you simply slip it on. It's not versatile, in terms of interchangeability by adding or subtracting accessories.

If I had just one black pair of heels with a strap, it may not necessarily go well with a 3-piece attire...not that it cannot, it may not, depending on just how strappy it is. Yet to always wear a closed pair of heels, with a work dress may not be interesting enough. The shoe may be too 'heavy' for the dress.

Almost like bags, shoes are pretty distinct in how it is best worn. After all, when we dress, for whatever the occasion, we aim to be in sync with the overall result. There is a dress code for shoes as well - you simply do not buy the first pair of shoes you see, because there is fit, cut, and comfort and of course, durability to consider.

When I pay good money for a pair of shoes, it's never because of vanity.
It's usually because of comfort for my feet.
Comforts of life, those, I will never compromise - I don't see what's the point of putting myself in much discomfort just to save dollars.
I would wear a 2nd hand dress, but I will never pay less for a not too perfect shoe!

No comments: