About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 21, 2007

Predictability

Is it a gift or a curse?
If a person enjoys surprises, then it's the ultimate curse, to be able to predict any event with absolute accuracy.
If a person hates surprises, then it's the fitting gift.
I don't like surprises, but with each accurate prediction, it just proves the "I told me so".
Perhaps when the relationship is more forgiving, and the prediction centers around carelessness, then it could well save the day.
BUT many are caught in similar relationships, where getting out and staying in are equally tiresome. By then, prediction of a certain behaviour just compounds the entire bitterness into one whole life episode of regrets.
I do not take out a crystal ball to read the next silly thing that will erupt, but when I'm so tuned to clearing out messes, it's second nature to just know where and when the mess will happen.
I used to be able to enjoy life, by just being oblivious to my surroundings, but as age catches on, and time becomes more precious, there is a tendency to look for some solace and peace.
If there never was such a thing as the astrologist being tired of getting 'messages', then I just made it to that line.
Prediction can be entertaining, when it doesn't affect us directly, because we don't have to care about it. BUT when it does, it doesn't just gravely disappoint, it becomes too glaring a sign, asking you, what you plan to do about it.

No comments: