About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 23, 2007

The Flip Side

There is always more than one side of anything - it's never just one, but two or more, as logic would have it, even a coin has 2 flat sides and a circumference, which could be counted as 'a side'. Therefore, for every worthwhile argument, there must be more than a single way of approaching the subject matter.
Perhaps life would be a lot simpler if we just had ONE way out - no discussion, no choices, no weighing scale required. Then we could all just wake up, do the necessary, go back to sleep with no major hurdles or crossroads to contend with, ever! Would that make us complacent? or would that make us just like a lounge lizard? I'm sure when the lizard decides to eat, he doesn't care which fly his sticky tongue would catch, but I'm also sure that he would have done his math and decided on the sure target. So even lizards have a flip side when he's catching dinner! It's like this, if I try for that fat jucicy one, I may hit a rough wall patch and slip to the floor - and if luck doesn't turn my way, be eaten by that cat! OR I could just stay still, where I am, and wait for the silly fly to come near enough for my tongue to get it.
Life is about flip sides - how we make sense of it all - but not all things make sense. Thus, our unending saga with choices and which flip side is the safer side of all. Could be neither, but then it's still a side that we have to decide for or against.

No comments: