About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 09, 2007

Life is like a highway

As we plod along in our life, we arrive at pit-stops - sometimes its a crossroad, other times, a 2-way junction. Whatever it is, that is the point we take stock and decide on how best to continue our journey. Does that mean we our current course is less satisfactory?
I tend to believe that when we take stock often, it implies less carelessness, less going-with-the-flow but more planning and thinking.
BUT it's often not the best spot to be on, simply because it's almost repetitive behaviour of addressing and readdressing issues. Some may look upon that as the inability to move forward.
Some others may also frown at that behaviour - uncertain footing -
However, any time spent thinking is never wasted, not in my books.
We think over ideas, options, problems, we must, otherwise we make mistakes, bad calls and worse still, wrong judgement. We end up spending more time finding another solution, to already a bad situation, when all we needed to do in the first place, was, TO THINK.
Not everyone appreciates a thinking person - because the response may be slower - and definately calculated.
BUT then, our life is like a highway . Our life is at stake. Carelessness on the highway may result in a multiple vehicle pile-up with loss of lives.
As a creature of comfort, I would just cruise at my desired speed - to hell with the speedsters.
When I get to a junction, I will stop.
Not because I have to.
But because I want to.
And I am pausing for a moment at this junction again, before I decide which route to get on. Never worry about not getting there on time. Worry about not getting there at all!

No comments: