About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 13, 2007

Contentment and me

Why is it difficult to be contented? Often, I have wondered.
I for one, am not for contentment, not because I'm ungrateful, but because there's always another 'mountain' to climb.
I know many, who for one reason or another, with the ability to just live their life without baseless complications.
I would be totally bored.
I would be so unmotivated.
I would be so unrested.
It doesn't matter if one is easily contented. It only matters when one expects all others to be in the same zone. I don't hold it against anyone who is principled by contentment, but I am disgusted when there is an expectation for everyone to be contented.
We have a choice, to either just be or continuously be improving.
I choose a continuous change, to break from the monotony and to strive for fresher objectives. I could never sit still - because time waits for no man, and as long as I am able, I will move, move and move.
It's tiring, yet fulfilling. At least that's my formula for fulfilment.
When I'm really tired out, I'll just sit and enjoy a cuppa. That would be the only time, I do not think about scaling another mountain.

No comments: