About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 01, 2007

how it's supposed to be.

Do things usually work out the way it's supposed to be?
Often, I wonder. I'm very sure, all of us do, at some point in time or other.

It's different from being a believer of FATE & DESTINY.
People who believe in fate and destiny, may not necessarily fight for what they really want. They may be the type who just cruise through life and accept whatever life offers them.

I work towards a goal and try my best to achieve it.
I may even steer clear of other options whilst on course, so to speak.
Never will anyone catch me sitting down and hoping for the best.
I am not a believer of FATE & DESTINY. I believe that no matter what happens, it'll turn out to be the best solution for me, although it may not seem that way in the present.
It may seem like a comforting stance to take, especially when things don't work out the way we had planned.

We hold high aspirations for our child, hoping against hope that they will excel in school. It's what all parents do.
When the child returns with exam results, which doesn't meet our expectations at first glance, do we get upset?
Yesterday, my son told me he missed making it into a class taking A-Math i.e. no double math for him.
I remember that through out this term, I was harping about getting into the best class - yesterday, I was relieved.

Probing my mind, I understood why.

Next year, I'll be having exams of my own - in fact every 10 odd weeks, leaving me with much less time to help him unstuck A-Math.
I know there is such a thing as tuition, but it's not my preferred option for him.
He has managed fine on his own, and just because A-Math was offered to only the best, doesn't mean its bad news.
He's able to continue self-studying, whilst I busy myself with my post-grad. How bad a news can that be? It just worked out for both of us - it's how it's supposed to be.

No comments: