About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 09, 2009

My goose is cooked

I am a goose so cooked.

I have been so busy sorting my gf's daughter, work and sorting out my home's schedules that I totally left school aside thinking no one is looking for me. Today I logged onto my email (campus) and omg, my prof has been looking for me. The good news is, they are obviously excited about my research topic - the bad news is, I hardly started on the research coz I was too busy trying to get approval letters here and there.

Term is not going to start until 2nd March because it's classes for just one module - research is taking up the entire year. Residential school is 3rd week of March and seriously, I haven't settled down yet. I'm still very disorganised and my head is still not screwed on.

At times like this, I wish I was a full-time student, but then, who's going to pay the bills so that excuse gets thrown out the window - and i'm stuck with - wake up and get moving. Trouble with work is, it's too much already - it's not that work generates income so I need to pack it in, it's the unaccounted for work that's causing me this stress. The nature of my work is simple, either you do everything, foc or not and ensure long-term business or work for what is paid and set a precedent that anything that's not on contract will not be done. Because it's a service oriented function, it's better to always take on additional responsibility - that alone will ensure long-term business for the team.

Now I'm biting my nails waiting for my prof to reply. I promised that the final draft will be on his desk before the end of the week - why so long...? well, i'm busy with work the next 2 days and there is no way I could get the proposal proof-read and bounded for melbourne.

Inefficiency - that's all there is to it.
yup, i cooked my goose and now it's sleepless for the next 48 hours.

No comments: