About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 02, 2009

Pineapple Tarts


My first attempt at Pineapple Tarts. Although we are halfway into the 15 days of the Lunar New Year, it's better late than never, I suppose.
That's just how busy I have been, wanting to do so many things (at home) and never finding enough time to actually get down to it.
It didn't take me too long to do this, since I wasn't even sure if I could do this, after not baking for so long. I always believed that people are either cooks or bakers and it's a known fact that I'm a cook, not a baker. Since I learnt everything through taste, culture and of course the 2 years in home econs, did help a bit. But whether it is cooking or baking, you would need to have this 'want' to do it, otherwise the food or pastry will not turn out right. I am a strong believer of that - which is probably part of the peranakan culture that makes up half of me.
It was a sunday well spent - it's been a long time since I actually messed my fingers up with pastry - I thought that the size was right, almost the same - something my granny used to tell me - she was quite particular about cut vegetables being about the same in size and that goes the same for pastries made without cutters. I never understood why, since after we eat it, it's all mush in our stomachs anyways - but now, I understand.

No comments: