About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

February 17, 2009

to miss a collision

The wonderful part about waking up in the morning, is the cool air and just watching the view outside my study window brighten up...

This is how we should appreciate the wonder of living, yet we complicate it with so many issues.

I have had many, many moments in my life, when my patience just ran out and it left me angry, disappointed and terribly upset. Migraine was a regular guest and it almost paralysed me time and time again.

Over the years, I have learnt to ignore irritations and just focus on my life's task at hand, leaving me with more room to reflect and appreciate my personal life. However difficult it may be, since we are not the one steering another person's ship, which may decide to collide with ours, I have managed to avoid bulls' eye collisions for a while.

Everytime I feel that the ships are going to collide, I'll try to change course. It's like taking an alternative route. It's not my new way of avoiding issues, it's just me not wanting to confront anyone and preserving my sanity. It doesn't always work, since there will be days when I feel gung-ho and want to feel some pain. We all have moments when we feel that enough is enough so let's have it out - not necessarily the best way but perhaps it had to be done.

After avoiding major collisions for a while, I decided to get right into one yesterday.
It was a simple statement of fact. We should appreciate another person when the person is alive - mourning and grieving are for those close to the deceased. Why bother to put on a show just because there is a funeral going on? Why bother to even pretend that the deceased meant something, when they clearly didn't factor into your life in any way, at any time, for more than decades? It may be a harsh thing to say, but honestly, when a person is cold in a coffin, they are no longer there - it's the soul that needs prayers to be uplifted.

If anyone cared at all, prayers should be offered for the departed soul. I used to wonder why some religions never have wakes, the person is dead today and buried tomorrow - now I have understood it. We are important when we are alive - once our soul leaves our body, then it's prayers that's more important than a physical presence by the side of the casket.

So this collision, had to happen, because I never believed in putting on a show just because. I believe that our life had to matter, because if it didn't, then we need to have very good friends to be offering prayers every day that we have departed or we better have made provisions to have those same prayers offered for our own soul!

No comments: