About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

July 28, 2009

the netbook

I finally got my netbook - it's tiny and very sleek.
I just cannot figure out whether I should get an external drive or not to load MS Office. If I don't, it would mean not being able to do my work on it. Google has documents which can be saved in pdf format which is very helpful, but my research needs to be done in word. I could try to work it out in google, save it there and then pdf it over when it's done, but I don't know how good it is, since I do need some different formats for headings.

The netbook is much much lighter than my notebook and I could actually lug this around, if there is a need to. I spent the evening just configuring the wireless connection and charging it up. Will probably think it through later about MS Office. I don't think I could compromise on not having it installed.

I'm impressed that it's really fast and although the keyboard is tiny, it's certainly much larger than PDAs and if people are using blackberrys, I can manage this.


No comments: