About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 25, 2006

A borrowed Christmassy feelin


This was the most expensive Christmas Eve dinner ever for me! Yet, I went ahead because it's my personal tradition, like a yearly pilgrimage...
Because I'm not a festive person, I have to cheat i.e. soak in the external atmosphere so that I will feel a little bit more Christmassy.
I must say, dinner was really elaborate - but like all Christmas eve dinners, the decorations and carolling alone, will create that elaborate atmosphere!
I have no regrets, except that being a small eater, buffet spreads are a waste of money on me...
The spread included lobster, crayfish, prawns, meat selections....wonderful desserts, and the list goes on....and the atmosphere was glorious....punctuated with almost angels' voices echoing throughout the atrium....
To add to the festive atmosphere, the weather was cool and wet....almost like a snowless winter...
BUT, next year, I'm planning to spend christmas elsewhere.....I need to find the christmassy feeling on my own, without the frills.....I cannot be so hopeless that I can't do it on my own!

No comments: