About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 13, 2006

created or caused


Whilst soaking in the rural surroundings and breathing the salty air, I wonder if situations are created or caused. There is a difference -

To me, when a situation is created, it could well be beyond our control although we may have steered the ship. Ownership of the situation could belong to anyone or everyone collectively.

When a situation is caused, then someone is more likely to have been the one who took a stand, resulting in the situation.

When something is created, it could have been by divine intervention like Adam & Eve! OR by reporting in the press some news to create a hype.

Things do not become 'caused' - there will be other connecting facets as an explanation.

The words are almost interchangeable, yet it's not.


So, I would like to think that my work situation is more causal than created, although that would imply that somewhere, I let it happen, which I did, to a certain extent by doing nothing about it.


Therefore, as long as no one creates problems in terms of hygiene, mosquito-borne diseases etc, about this food-joint on silts, nothing can cause it to shut down. If it does, we will not be able to go back in time to appreciate the simpler things in life.

No comments: