About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

December 12, 2006

Getting it Right

My day started with curtains not sewn right. It was a 'sunday longer than monday' syndrome. The blackout backing was longer than the actual night curtain. The receiving party was obviously not amused - but it's not life or death, just not right.
Then the name card guy sends my name cards, with the corrected word, but wrong extensions, wrong fax numbers etc. This is after I sent him a copy of the wrong name card and circled the mistake which he should correct - only that ONE WORD.
For a person like me, that didn't look like a good start to the day BUT being the optimist that I try to be, I shall continue to look forward to the rest of the afternoon.
But what does it take to get something rite?
I think listening is important, and taking pride in your work, no matter how whimsical it may be (at that moment). We should do quality control, as long as we are required for some output. It's easier to sew then to unpick the sewn hem. It's also easier to check for the location before leaving for that destination, rather than get lost and then figuring it out. Most of all, it's like speaking. Think before you speak, because to retract that, may be impossible.
It does take a lot to get things rite, but it's worth the hassle, because not all undoings are easy!

No comments: