About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 19, 2007

A Greater Presence

It's never comfortable when we know someone is terminally ill. Do we look towards a miracle cure or do we accept the situation and do the best that we can, to cope? If we wait for a miracle, it would come across as 'not accepting the situation'. If we accept the situation, then how do we cope? Death is never an event that anyone can get used to. Death is so permanent and irreversible. It removes someone from our life leaving us with memories. Memories are etched in our minds, not something tangible or on a shared platform.
Yesterday, I collected probably the best memory I will have of a client, who happens to be my girlfriend's dad. He was jovial and made us all laugh, but I watched the tears fill the brim of his eyes, when he spoke about tidying up loose ends. I became part of the loose ends, when I disposed of his property for him. Divine intervention worked so timely that on the day he received the bad news of the biopsy, I received an offer for his property. Then came the mad rush to complete the transaction whilst he was receiving medication to ease the disease.
I have been trying to dispose of his property at a good price - not because he was an 'uncle', but because I know we can. For 6 months, the offers fell short of our target price - but we pressed on, believing that when a target is set, we HAVE to achieve it.
He gave up hope when he received the bad news. BUT as divine intervention would have it, the right price came along that same day. After 8 months, it came on D-day. He told me that a greater presence was with us all along, just waiting for the correct time.
This is a man, who lived his life well. He will go back to where we all came from, with no loose ends - he will leave no space for squabbles between his loved ones left behind. This is a man, who definately lived his life the way a good Christian would - peaceful and mindful of others.
This is a man, who lived a RICH life because he believed in a Greater Presence, who guides and prompts us all our lives - IF, we choose to listen.

No comments: