About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 17, 2007

Phrasal confusion

There is a saying that 'we cannot turn back the clock' and another one to say that 'time waits for no man', yet another warning us 'not to miss the boat'.
Being typically me, if I have missed it, I have missed it. I don't make an issue of out it, I simply move on. Having this belief that 'things happen for a reason', helps, because when you're at the tip of depression and beating yourself up because the 'ship has sailed' - nothing is good enough for a comfort blanket.
I have had many moments, when i got to port and find the ship gone. I have lost moments just because I am an indecisive person.
I finally got a break. An opportunity just RE-presented itself.
I was of the opinion that when something like that happened, we could only be delirious, but being on the receiving end of the good news, I was, surprisingly calm. I guess I needed to remind myself that 'history has a tendency to repeat itself' so, I should be cautious.
After 2 days of quiet, I'm still calm.
Perhaps I'm just relieved that I have been given a second chance. How often do we get second chances?
Perhaps, I'm more worried about my performance - This ship sailed back, but what if I couldn't deliver the correct cargo? It's not a matter of 'putting my best foot forward' - because what if 'if it's meant to be, it'll be"
Perhaps I should just 'go break a leg'!

No comments: