About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 18, 2007

Looking Forward

Sometimes I wonder, whether being forward looking was an asset or not. I'm not making references to being forward-looking with heads above the clouds - neither am I referring to being optimistic. Looking-forward simply means, planning ahead, at least in MY context.
Being in a job that is greatly affected by both the domestic and international economy, I find myself having to look at least 10-steps ahead, all the time. It's good, because there is a plan, but, when stability is coupled with economic sentiments, then planning may not work at all.
If that's the case, why look forward?
Perhaps we all need to believe in that silver lining, or the light at the end of the tunnel OR better still, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It gives us hope. But most of all, it's supposed to propel us - like fuel. At least that's the rationale that's obvious.
I have always been a realist, a pragmatist - not an optimist -
I believe that the separator is in the belief that in our looking forward, we need not have plans that is executable only if luck is on our side. The plan must be within reasonable reach, and the journey there must be accessible without having that depend upon another factor.
Therefore, there IS nothing wrong about looking forward - it's HOW that is done, that makes the difference.

No comments: