About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 03, 2007

Live to Work, Work to Live

I admit, I work to live.
Although I take pride in what I do, when given HALF the opportunity to slack, I will. I wonder then, which is the lesser evil?
Living to Work means, one would wake up in the morning, gungho to go, engines already warm and in gear.
Work to Live means, one drags oneself out of bed and plans vacation time, as the warm shower hits you!
I am a sucker for vacation time - it doesn't even have to be out of town. A day away from the CBD would suffice, provided the cellphone doesn't ring.
Work is like having chores - something that needs to get done.
The saving grace is the desire to do a job well - and when on the job, the focus is only on the job.
So, it's never about which of these we are - it's more about how we place priority on what's at hand. It's about having the determination to get things done in the shortest possible time, so that we can move on to the next item on the agenda and the next, and the next, until we hit the item that reads : ON LEAVE

No comments: