About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 31, 2007

same shit different fan

My gf, x-colleague, summed up my work life to be just that, "Same Shit Different Fan". Nobody has ever, given me such an accurate brief before, and when she said it, I could not contain how ridiculous but true, her observation is!
I do not have a tough portfolio, neither do I have a brain-cracking job. In fact, this job is a breeze compared to what I was doing before. You don't need to be a genius to do what I do, you don't have to even be quick-thinking. What you need, they definately DON'T teach you in Harvard Business School. Forget all that pages of proposals, corporate mumbo-jumbo, and delivery of a good statement. That is not my work - that is Advertising and PR.
Forget the SWOT analysis and the latest economic reports - that's again, a matter of opinion - opinions that either have been formed or opinions that we hope to garner by making it seem like a fact.
In my job, what you really need, is a huge, wide umbrella and fast-moving feet!

No comments: