About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 15, 2007

The rotten eggs

There was an incident over the weekend, which was the highlight of my weekend. I chose to make that a highlight, because the few Singaporeans that are obnoxious, pushy and poorly bred, tend to be the rotten eggs that never go away.
A new owner, was outside his landed property, but found that they keys didn't open the gate. They started calling all parties involved, and obviously my phone rang as well. For the life of me, I couldn't understand why the keys didn't fit. Everyone had their appointments laid out, and just dropping everything to meet with them could not be done.
I advised them to sit at the nearest coffee-shop, to wait for me...the weather wasn't going to hold out etc. In the worst case scenario, I was prepared to call a locksmith. Meanwhile, I rummaged through my keybox and found what looked like the gate keys. An hour later, I was there and to my relief, the padlock popped open. The husband was irritated and started screaming. His wife was decent, thanked me and asked if the rest of the keys she had, actually belonged to the property.
I apologised if the keys were mislaid, and made my way out. I explained to Mr Idiot that if any keys were displaced, it was not intentional - who would want to omit keys when they sold the house? They were not even living there anymore! He told me to get off his property. To which I replied "You are so bloody rude!". His wife stood at the gate and thanked me properly. I drove off.
That is not just an ugly Singaporean. That is one man, who thinks the world revolves around him and only him. I felt sad for him, because what kind of example will he be setting for his son, who is right now, less than a year old? It's not okay to behave even half like that.
I was fuming mad, but I walked away because such people didn't deserve my time. I guess he needed to feel important, so he pushed his way to gain that recognition. I was satisfied already because I told him off, and if he didn't believe in starting on the right foot, then why should I bother? Anyone would want to go to their new home, all happy so that it's a good feeling. BUT no, he preferred to verbally attack me. I would never, let a remark like that go and I didn't.

He sent me an sms, two hours later to apologise. I accepted his apology and wished him well. To me, it's damage has been done - what do I care, it's not my house.

No comments: