About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 02, 2007

priorities

We are 2 months shy of 2008 - and after a long while, I do have something to look forward to. My postgrad term begins in Feb and I have confirmed my place.
I think it's important to get right down to 'business' instead of just floating, a state I have been for at least 2 years. The strange thing is, I have been going after this program since year 2000 when it was about to be offered.
Imagine if I had gotten right down to it years ago - today, I may have completed the entire programme. BUT we know it's too difficult to make such a commitment when we have budgets to balance and a child to oversee. My priorities the past 2 years have been my son. I needed to stabilise him and even if that meant postponing my plans, it is the responsible thing to do.
Perhaps it's not always about getting down to it now, in the present.
Perhaps it's always about priorities and responsibilities and how we adjust them to the present.
There is never a right or wrong time to pursue our ambition - because an ambition could last a lifetime.
According to my initial plan, I am overdue for this programme.
BUT in reality, it's probably the soonest I could commence the course.
4 years ago, the dynamics of my home environment changed.
That affected my son.
I had to settle him down, get him to focus on his PSLE, then settle in to secondary school....this year, was a secondary 2 streaming for him.
Time flies, but never fast enough when it comes to kids.
He's alright now, and I thank GOD for giving me the strength to put all my dreams on the back-burner for a few years and still have a warm pot today.

No comments: