About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

November 13, 2007

putting up the tree means?

It's almost mid-november - and there was this conversation I had about when, we should put up the tree. I have put up the tree as early as now - simply because looking at it brings some sense of comfort to me. Aside from freshly fallen snow, the sight that takes my breath away, is a tinsel covered tree, with twinkling lights.
Someone said, putting up the tree too early takes the fun out of the season. I wonder how that is, because if we could for the next 6 weeks, get into the season of giving - perhaps we will be more forgiving and less selfish. If we could do that for 6 weeks, because of a tree then I think that's something.
Coming in to work today, I noticed that Orchard Road, is slowly being decorated with silver baubles against a red backdrop. I suppose, being a shoppers alley, such decorations will encourage spending - after all, christmas is a time for spending. BUT at each home, the tree must remind us of something quite different, otherwise, we have lost the meaning of christmas.
I will put the tree up this week.
Because I need to smile when I am so deep in thought.
Because I need to remember that I need to give love to those in Need.
Because I need to thank GOD for all the wonderful gifts he has bestowed upon me.
Because I need to know that there is hope.
Because I need to feel that I am loved.

No comments: