About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 25, 2008

Ambivalent

As I was collating and discussing my final assignment with my classmate, we found out that we both had similar scores on a Psy Assessment. We had to do an evaluation of the scores and I was rather confused, because after all the free online temperament sorters that I have done, I knew myself to score higher on the Introvert scale, however, I finally returned one point higher for the E scale than the I scale.
My classmate told me that he found out a new classification for such results - we are Ambivalents.
Now, I know how I am almost always on the fence about any decision that has to be made, but imagine that I could not even unconsciously decide whether I was an E or an I.
Because life is a continuous learning journey, I suppose it's never too late to understand something about ourselves. When I checked the Psy Dickie, it states Ambivalent as being originally derived from K Lewin's work in field theory and shows up most clearly in the research on behavioral reactions to various forms of conflict. It is a state where one is pulled in two mutually exclusive directions.
What is interesting about being Ambivalent is, I'm born under the sun sign of Libra - the sign of the scales - things should balance so that the scales don't tip on either side.
Question is, is this true of all Librans or am I just a coincidence?
I didn't ask my classmate if he's Libran like me, perhaps I should, and maybe that might give me some comfort.
I don't mind being different, but Ambivalent is a whole different ball-game.
Of course when I say that, it's not how the scores are actually evaluated - I'm merely stating the irony of things. Before any assessment is complete, there is a whole battery of scores to correlate and interpret. Ambivalent is just an isolated area of the entire assessment.
I just thought to bounce that idea, since there is some measure of truth when I'm actually conscious.

No comments: