About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 15, 2008

in 6 mths time.......

The strangest thing about any situation is when you know the ending before the beginning plays out. I'm not talking about being inquisitive about results on the American Idol and checking the results online before the show is aired here - which I admit to doing. When reading a book, I never flip to the last page to find out how the story ends - it would take away the pleasure of reading. So, what happens when I find out something that may happen 6 mths down the road? Today, was that day - a day of reckoning, I suppose.
6 months is a long time, it's christmas season, 6 months from now.
If we all know what's going to happen, will we try to change the course of things? I asked myself that question too many times today - I have no answers, because if I took away that section of my life and attempted to live it differently, I may miss the bigger picture & we all need life changing experiences to grow and mature - that's what living is about.
Although the knowledge of a possibility of something happening in 6 mths has been told to me, I know that I still have responsibilities to see it through this time. We do not have any device that can fast forward time. So until December 2008, I shall continue with whatever I've started and let time take me there as planned.
Perhaps when I was younger, it would have affected me greatly - but now, with age, I know that with each event, we build our strength to take another step forward.
After all, isn't life about changes? When things don't change, we stagnate - and when that happens, we stop growing our souls, the very core of our being.

No comments: