About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 07, 2008

splitting hairs

It's been a month since I resigned and my ex-employers have yet to pay my pro-rated salary for the few days of work. Finally, after 2 back to back emails, they responded saying, that they did pay me already, on the same day as my 2nd email reminder. I wonder what their problem is. The last 2 months before my resignation, all I heard was BEST PRACTICE, like it was some kind of mantra. A no-reply on an email enquiry is certainly not BEST PRACTICE. That was what propelled me to walk away. People have this tendency to talk loudly about things they have little clue about. Imagine talking about BEST PRACTICE to someone who has been trained to do ISO internal audits! For me, business is always about key and lock system - find solutions that fit the job. For them, it's what superficial but if a simple audit were to be done, you'll find that they are not consistent in what they are preaching.
This is the sad state of that company - doesn't do much for anyone like me who actually believe that when you implement a system you apply it across the board. When you hire, you hire people who fit the job specifications, not because they are your stooges. And so this company continues to loose people who can do the job - one ex-colleague of mine joined a rival company and is doing very well, like all others who left.
At the end of the day, it's about sincerity.
I'm okay, if they want to waste time pitting their wits against mine - I have time to exercise my psychological prowess. This is the best part about leaving - you can let it all go in one verbal explosion.

No comments: