About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 14, 2008

deadlines

Deadlines are useful - they keep us to a schedule of work which could otherwise pile up. Right now, I have approaching deadlines for two papers. Trouble with getting there is sitting down and digesting all that psych mumbo-jumbo and do a critique. How does one critique a paper written by a 'professional' who is probably 10 times more qualified than me? Talk about a tall order.
And so my deadline is slowly encroaching, and with each passing day, I feel like sardines being canned. I have handled this so well in the past - just shut out the whole world and focus. BUT life has changed so much that shutting it totally out is almost not possible.
There are no solutions to deadlines - that's why it's called deadlines. The line is dead, cannot be moved. Like a concrete wall - it's there to stay. Even if we walk away, it will still be there for us to cross.
The best solution will be, not to ignore it but to work on it consistently, as with everything else in life.

No comments: