About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 28, 2008

Extraversion vs Introversion

Some of us are introverts, some are extroverts.
What's the difference? In lay terms, the introverts may prefer quiet over noisy, silence over expression.
As a person who has almost completed a semester of Psychological Assessment & Testing - I can tell you that a person can feel he's introverted but he's not and vice versa.

In the Personality Assessment we did, I finally learnt how to actually evaluate the scales. Knowing your I or E isn't enough that's why the very minimum scale covers 5 personality traits.

Check this out: my E is almost = to my I
How should this not surprise me - I'm Libran - I cannot even decide on a simple thing as a trait!

From the scores, I was told that I'm not easily agreeable and would readily voice my disagreement without a second thought. Mind you, my lecturer didn't know whose scale she was evaluating. I'm a thinking person, placing very little weight on emotions when making a decision - oh man - that certainly didn't come out positively.
I operate on logic and practicality - my sun sign could have told me that!

This is another assessment that people pay psychologists for - I still don't see the relevance because in my opinion, we should know ourselves better isn't it? But it's cool to know that the scores are an accurate portrayal of me. No wonder it takes a whole lot of time to actually patent/copyright an assessment tool that's reliable and valid.

So, there's no good or bad for the results of the Personality Assessment.
The results will simply help us understand why we get mad, why we get irritated and basically why we are who we are. It's not easy to just have the trait replaced. Almost impossible - because remember, People Don't Change.

No comments: