About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

May 24, 2008

Psychological Assessment

I decided to assess myself - not that the results would be any different from what I know myself to be, but it's not a worthless thing to do. Assessing people involved with Psych is not an easy task, because most times we are able to see through the questions and have a reasonable idea of the causal effect of each answer - but as with any thing that we do, honesty will reap many benefits. If I chose to be dishonest in my choice then I am only cheating myself.

I must say, I've gone past the crossroads so I don't have major issues going on in my life except that there is always this dissatisfaction with some aspect. I'm a perfectionist - sure - but I'm also a realist and perhaps this tug-of-war is causing me some emotional distress which is seldom expressed and I need to find a solution for it.

Believe it or not - when I was the Administrator's role before, that was the recommended choice of work for me. Jeez. I left that behind some 7 years ago and have been hopping like a kangaroo in real estate making money to do my post-grad. No wonder I'm mildly depressed, i'm not quite doing what I am supposed to be doing.

It's interesting how researchers take so many years to come up with assessments which can actually tell you about yourself - provided you're honest with your answers. I did a battery of them and it's all spot on.

I don't have any bottom line statements except to say that Psych assessments can guide us through the foggy moments in our life, the crossroads - but most times we do have the answers within us. It's not that psychologists are redundant, but just that sometimes, having a third person believing in us, is what we really need.

No comments: