About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

March 17, 2009

Deadlines

When the deadline looms near, panic fills the air.
That must be every students path - at least students who are responsible enough to bother about what their grades look like.

Since our exams, I haven't really communicated with my classmates coz we all were busy working people and with the festivities and whatnot, everyone got engrossed in their respective lives. But now that our text has arrived - my mobile phone has been busy receiving sms-es about deadlines and how late everything is this semester. Perhaps that's what classmates do, we get support from the group or comfort.

Trouble is, my pal from my class, has kiv-ed his study for a year and I'm basically without a side-kick this semester. Class will be boring, because we used to be the ones cracking jokes and contributing to an argument for the sake of arguing - with valid points too.

Anyways, I have started reading my text and hopefully, I'll be able to discipline myself to do that and get started on my assignment. Although stats isn't my favourite topic, it's not something I'm totally lost about, just having some retrieval issues......I'm sure it'll come back to me, sometime before my deadline! Although I know we are behind, I'm not really in a state of uncontrollable panic, perhaps because we've been through this often enough, several times a semester and perhaps I've found some internal coping mechanism for myself. We do manage to cope - or at least, our brains are built to find a way to block out the panic to some extent.

The good news is, deadlines will not be a thing of the past for me or my classmates, too soon. I'm sure we are all looking forward to more critical deadlines, just because this isn't the last graduate programme we will find ourselves enrolled in. Although we cope with the anxiety better, it doesn't mean the anxiety dissipates - it simply means that we manage it better with experience.

No comments: