About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

March 26, 2009

Games people play

Most times, I don't bother about what game a person is playing, simply because I'm usually onto them even as they are trying to execute it.
A person resorts to such low behaviour when they themselves are very much lacking in real ability. What they do not realise is, game playing will only cause them more misery than they can even begin to imagine.

We all know that divorces are never games, yet there are the few who like to dabble in them. I'm sure anyone's spouse of too many years will get irked, when they have to make changes in the housing dynamics - move to a spare room and take all their personal effects along.
A married couple can account for legal separation when there is no sexual relations between them for 3 years. BUT that is nothing to the person, unless he's being physically removed from the main bedroom - lock, stock, barrel.

Being a compassionate person, I do try to minimise the impact of bad news, I first threw out his clothes, personal effects and then him. Wasn't easy, because my spare room IS my linen room, but patience paid off. It didn't bother me much before, since we were never in the house at the same time, until he decided to work regular hours - which meant, we will be in the same house at the same time - which wasn't good for me, because I felt that he violated the agreement to not be at the same house at the same time. So, I did what I had to do, for MY peace of mind and to protect my space - told him to VACATE.

I have had my space for more than 4 weeks now and frankly, it's the best thing to happen because I can rest well, without worrying that it's my space only because he's not around. Now, he's trying his hand at game playing - acting stupid, saying dumb things and basically, trying to just park his carcass in my line of vision, just to irk me.

He doesn't learn at all. Never, ever play games with me, because when I decide to play, he'll loose, hands down. And so, I started one set yesterday. He's dumb enough to think his strategy is working, so be it. At the end of the day, I would have charged him extra for irritation - he's going to end up buying groceries, paying for my son's school fees, lunch money and everything else that's going to come out of the mail box - i shall just sit back and go shopping.

Bottom Line : when it's over, it's over - never try to outsmart reality - because games are for kids - and unless you're stagnating at that age, behave like an adult and accept responsibility by adult standards. It's like putting one-gran on one hand of poker when you have no clue how the game is being played. It's suicide.

No comments: