About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 28, 2010

Bintan Lagoon Resort













I had a wonderful weekend at Bintan Lagoon Resort with my gf - managed to get work done, hardly slept of course but that's to be expected - you can never have it all.

I think the shocker was that I felt like I was at some tourist attraction in Singapore, because everything was in Sing Dollars. Ala Carte chicken rice - SGD18 excluding the taxes.
The room was recently renovated and it's more than comfortable. Toiletries were excellent.

There wasn't much to do there unless you're a golfer or a beach person, of which both of us weren't. That weekend was good for us both - we had time to talk as well and catch up, without being limited by having to hang on to the mobile or having to send out long text messages. My gf will be gone for a year, at graduate school.

If there is anything at all, that I came home with, after this weekend is: I'm not a beach person, I am most comfortable in cities and that if I ever go back to a resort, it will be with someone who would drag me to walk on the beach, watch the sunset and feel the breeze brush my skin.
On my own, the soaking in of the beach went on express service not for the lack of breathtaking views.
Yup, that is perhaps why I could not appreciate being in a resort at all.
No one was ever so special enough to flip the switch in my head yet.

No comments: