About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 21, 2010

no matter what - we survived

The good news as January is plodding to a close is, it's been a good month, although I have been working mainly from the home, via email. The Tiger year does not officially move into cycle until at least Feb 4th, so we are technically not in the tiger year yet. I am not sure, how that affects life in this new year in general, but I do know that I usually prefer to follow the chinese calendar when it comes to looking forward to new endeavors.
I got my drafts back - finally the lit review is right on track. My first draft for the actual research is lagging and I hope it won't take me 8 re-writes to get it right. January played out well for me, since i needed the time at home to work on the papers. It was a rest with a good outcome eventhough it was only one paper of two, which was cleared to be decently written by academic standards.
That is one sliver of silver lining.

I have no clue, how this year will play out, since I may be moving chess pieces onto an entirely different board. My game play for life will change a bit more as I move toward my ultimate goal.
Best case scenarios are usually the ones which happen with pieces falling right into place on time, but going by how my life has gone, it's never all the pieces, but one by one.

I have started to pack for my weekend in Bintan with my gf - and although i'm not thrilled about going away again, I'm excited because it's a new destination for me - never been there. Fresh air and some time away from my work desk would do me some good, since I was planning on the sydney conference next week actually, which is not going to happen - so this is the make-up trip.
The great thing about this upcoming trip is, I am not a beach person at all and I still agreed to go.
Well, it's sometimes not about the location, but the company that would make things different and less of a chore.
I hope to come back and start to work on my life's madness - and at least have some idea what 2010 should have in store for me. We all want things to be better but to what extent is better, better? 2009 was not a good year, but still, it wasn't a bad year for me. It was good enough that I survived the ups and downs with not a scratch. Yet, I wouldn't say it was a good year either.

Having said that, let's just hope for less surprising surprises or shocks and just be thankful that no matter what, we found a solution.

No comments: