About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 02, 2010

Welcome to Mumbai

This was what I had to post, because I watch Bollywood and Tamil Silverscreen movies and always see them having bags/boxes on top of their taxis.

I was travelling with my gf and her two kids - she had a very huge luggage, which the taxi driver loaded into the trunk. And nothing else could go into it afterwards, because there was also a CNG tank. But we just got off a long flight and I wasn't really paying attention until I was in the cab and we were on the way to the apartment. When i looked around and didn't see my luggage, I started to panic but I was told it's in the cab - but I really couldn't recall. When we arrived at our destination, I jumped out, to find that my dearest luggage arrived safely too.

I thought this to be really interesting, since, I have been to many places and have never had my luggage travel exposed this way.

Bottom line is, whatever works - I must give it to the taxi driver - doesn't matter if the cab is this old ambassador type vehicle - we find solutions and if that meant dumping the bags on top, then so be it - it's creativity at it's best.

No comments: