About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 06, 2010

Sheds for cows

I used to see similar sheds in the Tamil movies and I was excited to find some myself, during the road trip back to Mumbai.

One would think the shed is for the people tending to the cows, buffalos and goats, but no, it's for the animals to take shelter in the hot sun.

In an arid land like this, I do wonder what they were picking to eat from the ground, but they all looked well fed and healthy.

According to what I was told, northern India is a bit arid, but if you went south, there will be more greenery. I don't remember doing India for Geog so my knowledge about it's geography is a little unclear.
I wish I could have taken a better picture, but we were rushing to get back to Mumbai before nightfall so this was the best I could do from a moving vehicle.

No comments: