About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 06, 2010

of fibroids

I finally made my way to have a consult with my OBGYN on monday. I have not met him since he delivered my son 17 years ago. There never was a need to.

Anyways, with everything going bonkers lately, I decided to have a consult and find out what's causing me stress - and lo and behold, as I suspected, it was fibroids.

Women know about fibroids and cysts - it's common, yet the very thought of it is rather annoying, because it does cause problems and discomfort. From what I know about fibroids, it's usually benign but whether we remove them or not, would depend very much on how we wish to proceed on with life. I have gfs who just leave them there as long as they don't cause pain and hopefully, it vanishes over time or will be removed at the next c-section. Most of my gfs, do that without complications.

I have no idea what is best for me. Obviously it's being a nuisance now and its still too early to even think about what can be done, since I'll only be going for a proper scan on friday. In the case of fibroids, size does matter and location tool. From what I saw, it was somewhere on the side and I didn't notice it to be protruding.

Whatever it is, I think it may have to be removed either way - because if it's been there for awhile and only decided to be troublesome now, would imply that it's time to get it out.
There is no bottom line for fibroids - it's just there -

Without actually knowing what's going on inside, I am sure that it needs to be removed, simply because my body is intolerant historically and one can only imagine how bad I could end up feeling, long term, if I left it there as if it wasn't there. Already, i'm feeling drained and exhausted - my normal low bp doesn't help the situation and the fibroid putting pressure on the uterine wall doesn't make things right either. This may be just one way for me to run a slower pace but I doubt I could keep up the snails speed for long.



No comments: