About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 19, 2010

Tunnel vision

I'm still stuck with my placement. Can't seem to get any agency to say yes - to me, it's just 2 things: Either they do not have qualified Psy people for me to hang with OR they just are not really doing things above board and the last thing they need is to allow a 3rd party access to that information.
It's sickens me that we do not have a society that's willing to help graduate students learn and develop better skills through critique. I have another gf who is just trying to gather information about a social service agency's work with a select group for her graduate thesis and again, no one wants to help.
What is our society turning into?
It really shouldn't surprise me, since the culture here is, don't be a kay-po, unless you get some kind of media coverage - some 4D numbers to play - or some reward. It's no wonder I have grown to become bitter about helping people per se and prefer to work with animals or the seriously in need and by that, i mean seriously in need by the standards I have come to know in social services, like the destitute and the loners.

Well, I know this may not happen and don't know what my other options are.
What I can tell you is this - that if people like me, cannot even volunteer for 30 days as a visitor and onlooker, then we do have problems and operating under the radar. If there is nothing to hide, why not help a graduate student gain a perspective? Why this tunnel vision that if we can't benefit, why bother? Why must it always be about personal gains? Why can't it just be about helping another person in a very non monetary sense?
Because our society is not matured enough. Period.

No comments: