About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

January 09, 2010

White and Me



These are the 2 rabbits I will be bringing home soon. Actually, my first choice were 2 black ones, but somehow these 2 seemed to respond to me better and are somewhat less shy - and as I have read, older rabbits are easier for toilet training and probably more sure of themselves - something I do need since I have a samseng in Frisco.

White was never a choice colour for me, either for clothes or pets. I would always go for black coloured clothes, because black is the basic colour of most suits - makes everything look smaller than it actually is, including ourselves and we certainly do not have to worry about the fabric getting stained. I also go for black coloured cats - simply because people have this belief that black cats are unlucky and very witchy - which made them targets for abuse and unpopular to be picked for another home.

I never liked to paint the walls of my home white - never have done that, ever - I preferred either pastel yellow or just bright bold colours - never chose beige or taupe either.

So, for me to actually go for a pair of white rabbits is really something new - I really wanted to pick the black ones, but somehow, I was drawn to these 2. They are your typical local rabbits - nothing spectacular except that they were huge.

Perhaps in this new year, I'm just making a change - 2010 will definately see me continuing with the slew of changes in my life and going from black to white, isn't all that bad. I'm sure there are many who wonder, why I would bother to make space for a pair of rabbits, a totally different species with a stark difference in temperament - I can't answer that, except to say: once an 'animal' rescue person, always an animal rescue person - these pair have been in the boarding house for more than a year and perhaps, it's time for them to see a brand new year too - being safe in a safehouse, is better than being abandoned on the streets, but if I was wormed toward them (started with my search for research materials) and I do have a large enough utility space unused, since my dog passed away months ago, why not. I'm sure my late Lucky won't mind, since she was a rescued dog too, 17 years ago - and it wouldn't be right to go out and buy a pet when I could shelter another rescued case.

So white it is, to start off 2010.

No comments: