About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 22, 2007

Breeding & Dining

Someone in our department is buying dinner this evening. Months ago, when he first decided on this idea, he mentioned buying dinner at the Brazilian joint at Sixth Avenue. Now, some 10 months later, after collecting his commission, he organised dinner at some seafood hawker centre on the west coast. This is the person who butt into a conversation I was having with another colleague about dining at the open air shop at Arab Street - comparing that to his dinner he had at a French Restaurant.
Frankly, I have always been the person, who appreciates gestures rather than equating everything according to it's monetary worth. However, in this case, I find this choice rather disgusting because he was bragging about having had dinner there with his wife and because dinner was so excellent, he was 'big-hearted' enough to bring the entire department there.
For the whole of my life, I never had to beg for food. God always provided for my meals, hawker, home-cooked, fine dining too. I will not sit at the same table as a low-life who hope to up his status because of his treat.
On principle, I would never let anyone (let alone a moron), have even a fraction of a second to gloat about anything, simply because it's never about where you dine that makes a well-bred person. You are either well-bred or not. No amount of grooming can change that, because once under pressure, you will automatically revert to become WHO you really are. In Psychology, that's our "Diathesis Stress Model".

Imagine dust mites in a palace - does that make them royalty?

2 comments:

UptownGal said...

That makes them royal dust mites? Haha. Who bought dinner huh? :P

KATRINE said...

the Prince of Miniatures, complete with spikey hair - speaks fluent Queen's English. An exerpt from his typical sentence would go "....I DOES......."