About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 27, 2007

Rest bug

The best cure for a bout of influenza is rest; which was what I did the past 2 days. With the exception of my having to answer my mobile phone, I was 'away' from work. I picked up important calls and omitted numbers not registered on my phone i.e. alien numbers - which was still a lot, so when I really needed some 'time out', I turned off the phone.
We are all entitled to medical leave, but somehow, being in the business of sales and marketing, it's not always that simple to turn a deaf ear. I usually will take calls for as long as I can hold out. I didn't visit the doctor this time around, because he would have prescribed paracaetamol anyways.
I'm still feeling wonky, but less infectious. The fever's gone, but you know the virus is just working it's way out - the lethargy, stuffy nose. It's been awhile since I've been this ill, but well, once in a while, it's good to just sleep it off - I usually dread catching a cold even - because it's down time for me, but this time I didn't bitch that much.
My friends usually tell me, when I get sick it's because my body's telling me that I've gone past the limit - I tend to think that passing the limit is one thing, but when that goes in combination with getting caught in the rain, I'm done for.
So whatever the cause, I've done my 1.5 days in bed and am back in the office.
At the very worst, I'll spend this weekend napping again.
We should call this bug, the Rest Bug - because that's the only thing that gets rid of it!

No comments: