About Me

My photo
Read my blog and figure it out....:)

Search This Blog

June 05, 2007

Of LV & Prada, etc etc

I had an interesting conversation this morning about what $20k means to different people. For me, it's just money - not that I couldn't find some useless reason to part with it, but it's what it does to people's minds.
I know someone, who, because of $20K, decided in his mind that he has made it in life at age 40! It's not even near a million dollars - it's a one time thing. All of a sudden, he became an expert in French & Brazilian food - the new OKB or what my friends and I would label them as "Orang Kaya Baru". OKB blabbing & not realising how silly he actually sounded - or to use a common term "sua koo".
I went on to bitch about it, (naturally), because easy money in, easy money out....and 20K is nothing to go ga-ga about. Of course my friend added that $20K could mean a couple of LV bags....! yea right - and that would also include membership & course in high society couture.

At a self-worth of 20K, he certainly didn't realise that when you order a steak, and you hate the oozing red fluid, you should order it WELL DONE.
Imagine if the steak has branding like LV - probably couldn't tell the difference between what's the real deal!

No comments: